Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rocking Chair Drama

I think my brother is totally cursed when it comes to hauling furniture (especially chairs!) for me. Back when I was moving into my first place, my Grandma bought me a table and chair set and one of the chairs fell out of the truck and shattered on the highway. When he was moving an overstuffed living chair back to Libby to my mom's house, that took flight as well.

As you might remember from a previous post, my mom gave me a rocking chair that's been in the family for quite some time. I was going to refinish and reupholster it. My brother was doing me a favor by bringing it to me and guess what happened? Yep, it grew it's wings and took flight and shattered like glass on the highway. Dang!

Tim and I decided to go look around a few second hand stores, and what do you know, the first one we go to I find the PERFECT glider rocking chair! And it was only $30! Not bad, not bad at all. I plan use the existing cushions on it as a pattern to make new ones. I'm going to sand this bad boy down and paint it to match the crib and dresser (An antique off-white color).

I don't think I mentioned how PERFECT this chair is! It matches the crib ( I don't have the crib yet, but that's in the works!!!) almost perfectly. see...

Photobucket

Here are the pictures of it with and without the cushions:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't wait to get started on it. RIP old family rocking chair, you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment