Monday, February 28, 2011

The Big Checklist: Coming Down to the Wire

I think it's time for another checklist post. It seems that every time I make one, I see in writing all of the things left to be done and I really kick it in gear. I've been juggling many different projects the last week or so. I need to just focus my energy on one thing, get that done, and check it off the list. I feel like I have project/house cleaning ADD! I can't focus on one room/area. I bounce (literally I'm sure) around my house from room to room doing a little of this and a little of that every day. Today I spent a good deal of the day ironing and putting elephants on one of the curtain panels. I have about 4-6 more elephants to add to that one and I'm finished with it! Then I'm going to force myself to work on the next till it's finished. THEN that whole project is done and crossed off the list.

Next I'm going to go about cutting my quilting fabric into squares and get going on that. I didn't get the most accurate of measurements because the crib is still not ready of course. But I think it will be close.

Photobucket

Here are the items left to do from my February 6th post. I omitted the things that are 100% finished:

- Cut and hem curtains and add elephants
- Install curtain rod and hang curtains
- Put crib together
- Paint all picture frames, frame art and hang.
- Make crib skirt
- Make crib quilt (contingent on crib measurements once it's set up)
- Make pillows
- Put up shelves (this one might be awhile, I got the wrong brackets at Ikea)

Here is the list of things still to get:

- Crib Mattress pad
- Moby wrap
- Burp Rags
- Wet bags for diapers (Ordered)
- Newborn grooming supplies
- Non-baby looking diaper bag
- Night light

I have a LOT of updates to post tomorrow and in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment