Monday, February 7, 2011

Moving Forward

Here's just a quick little post showing some of the things in the room. I never took pictures of our Ikea purchases, so I included some of those things.


Ryan put the Ikea bookcase together for me yesterday. We also got a few baskets to contain toys and things. I know, I know, most people would say I'm missing a basket, but I'm an odd numbers kinda gal. Seeing that there are an even amount of slots in the this bookcase, I wanted an odd number of baskets to break up that look of total uniformity.
moving_in-2

I know I already bought a lamp for his room, but when I saw this one at Ikea for $20, I couldn't pass it up. Plus, I'm all about task and mood lighting. This light will be a lot less harsh on the eyes during middle of the night feedings. Isn't this little truck cute? There are magnets on the little shapes so they can be picked up. This is also from Ikea and was $15.
moving_in-7

Ikea sheepskin (not real of course!) was only $24. My mom had a real one when I was little and just having a small one sort of like it is kind of nostalgic, don't you think? Plus it's super, super soft and cuddly.
moving_in-4

Ikea blanket $3.99, too cute not to buy for that price! And it's ORANGE! Do you know how hard it is to find orange or yellow baby blankets that AREN'T pastel shades?!
moving_in-8

And for posterity's sake, the dresser in it's final home under the window.
dresser_moved-1

No comments:

Post a Comment