Thursday, July 28, 2011

Oh Deer

July-26-2011-5 copy

This little Mama has been camping out in my yard on and off for a week. She's quite photogenic and not at all scared to be approached (withing 10 feet anyway, I didn't try getting closer). I noticed she had a few injuries on her left side, I also noticed she likes to eat my tomato plants. She sat under the tree the other day for hours just chewing on grass (and my tomatoes apparently).

July-26-2011-35

July-26-2011-16

July-26-2011-43

July-26-2011-48

She decided she'd had enough of my yard and jumped into the neighbors yard. Later that evening I caught her out front eating bark off of my already-sickly-because-of-deer-attacks Crab Apple tree. We had to go get stakes and netting to keep her from future snacking. She's got 2 little fawns, but I haven't seen them with her for a few days. AT least I think it's her, the mother of the fawns also had some injuries on her left side. Also if you look at the last picture you can see where she'd recently had babies that were nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment