Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Seattle Trip

The Seattle trip for the most part was a success! We got everything we went for except a few small things that I couldn't find and everything made it in one piece! I didn't realize how crazy Ikea was! We had to park at literally the farthest point away from the entrance that was still on the Ikea property! once we got inside, I felt like a farm animal being herded from spot to spot. People were everywhere, and pretty rude too. They'd just cut you off, stand in the way when they knew you were there, and bump into you without an apology. It's not like I'm the smallest person anymore either! I have a big bump that sticks out quite a bit now! We got in and out of there in under 30 minutes, and after seeing the size of that place, I can't believe we did it. We booked it from section to section and made it to the checkout pretty fast. The one thing I forgot to do there was to use my Montana drivers license so I wouldn't have to pay sales tax, oh well. I realized today that we got the wrong sized shelving brackets for the shelves we got. Yikes! They don't sell them online, so I might have to try and figure something else out.

The lady that sold us the crib met us at Ikea to drop it off to us. That was so sweet of her to go out of her way to bring it to us. This crib is even more beautiful in person. Who knew a piece of furniture that I don't even get to use myself would make me so darn happy!?!?! The only downside was she didn't have the cribs hardware with it, so she should be sending that out to us first thing Monday! I can't wait, I want to get it set up so badly! Plus I still have to make the bedding for it!

It was a long trip and toward the end my whole body hurt! But I'd say it was all worth it. Right now I'm going to go get some ice cream and wash down the crib!

I have a lot to update in the coming days:

~Pictures of the crib and everything we got at Ikea.
~Stripping and refinishing the dresser and the chair.
~Painting all the frames and framing the images.
~Finish fabric shopping.
~Hopefully getting everything into the room?

No comments:

Post a Comment