Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dye Curtains, Dye

I really love this fabric and was wanting to use it for the curtains initially.

Photobucket

I even ordered a swatch to see that the color was accurate and really, it couldn't be more perfect. The problem though is it is $18/yd! I want to do floor length curtains, and this will be an astronomical bill when it's all said and done! I was talking to my mom on the phone tonight and she suggested that I buy a sheet, dye it my desired yellow color and somehow paint on/stamp on some sort of design, it doesn't have to be white elephants. I don't know WHY I didn't think of this myself. I dyed my wedding crinoline pink, so I know I can do this! I think the hardest thing will be to figure out how to stencil on some elephants without it looking weird. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment