Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crib Bedding: Crib Skirt

I can only venture a guess as to how much fabric I'll need for the crib skirt. To get some measurements, I set the crib up as best as I could without the hardware and screws. With one hand I leaned the pieces together teepee style, whilst holding my camera in the other. One of the sides crashed into the mirrored closet door (hate those!) as the other simultaneously came down on my shin leaving me with a nasty bruise and it HURT! If only I could have the darn crib set up!

Based on my very rough measurements I wouldn't need more than 2 Yds of fabric, but since I can't judge how high the crib mattress will sit at it's highest point, I added an extra yard to my purchase to be safe. So I purchased a total of 3 Yds of this lil beauty:

I'm sure the colors will be brighter in person.
Photobucket
Photo from Fabric Guru

And again the quilt fabrics.
quilt_blocks

I decided to forgo the crib bumper pad. It is recommended not to use them anymore, SIDS and all that. So besides the quilt and the crib skirt I'm making, the only other things I'll need are a few different crib sheets and a few more sleep sacks since I won't really be using the quilt for him to sleep with, more for rocking him and playing with him on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment