Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let the Nesting Begin!

I think a little thing called nesting has hit me! I've been trying to get the nursery together and plan out what else we need for it, but it's been a slow process. I've been EXHAUSTED the past three days. Exhausted and in massive amounts of late third trimester pain. Anytime I have a moment of energy I try and take advantage of it.

I was looking for a pair of nail clippers this morning and after rummaging through a bathroom drawer for at least 5 minutes I finally found some, sweet. Not so sweet: Not being able to close the drawer afterward. I opened a few other drawers and realized, I never use most of this stuff, yet there is so much of it. I better get on top of this NOW. Time to get drawerganized!I emptied every drawer and cleared out under the sink and took everything out to the living room to sort it.

It was a huge wake up call to realize that I had perfumes and lotions from 2001 in that stuff! Why was I holding onto these things? It's not like they carried any emotional attachment. I realized it was because every time I'd move, I'd just pack everything and then unpack everything. Not really realizing that DUH, I don't need it AND it would probably give me some sort of illness because it had rolled past it's expiration date at least 30 times over by now.

Photobucket
Image courtesy of Google

It feels SO good to start out with a new garbage bag in the can and just start chucking. I also had a small box set aside for jewelry and other small odds and ends to donate to Goodwill. The thing that contained the most items bye far was the garbage can, which was good because that's less to haul back into the bathroom and find a new home for.

I know that no one really ever sees inside my drawers and under the sink, but just MY knowing that they are neat and orderly and free of now toxic (because of the whole expiration date thing) substances feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment