Saturday, February 19, 2011

More Crib Drama

My husband is what I like to call a "fixer". He hates to see those he loves sad or stressed. I'm sure I've been exuding a lot of the former and the later the past few weeks because of this crib debacle. He does anything he can to help fix situations and resolve problems. I can tell it's been hurting him to see ME hurt over this whole thing. He decided that today he'd do whatever it took to get the pieces that get this crib put together. I was up in the room looking over the assembly instructions and kept seeing the word "stabilizer bar". I looked at the parts list and huh, looks like we're actually missing two pieces of crib that I didn't even know existed!

From all of the pictures I've seen of this Annie crib all put together it just looked like the bottom of the side rail, then the drawer. But nope, there IS another part between the bottom of the side rails and the drawer. It's the stabilizer bar, and we're missing both of them!

Photobucket

Okay now, if I was going to sell something, I guess in the excitement of getting it sold I might somehow overlook making sure it had the hardware to put it all together. But not realizing TWO other boards were missing? Hmmm, not sure. It really makes me wonder WHY she was even selling it! A lot of the parts and pieces are missing. Could she really not have known she was selling me something I couldn't even put together, let alone get use out of? Again, if I'd known that for the price I was getting something I couldn't use, I would NEVER have made the trip all the way to Seattle for it! I'm sure if she had sold it locally, she'd have had to either give them the parts they paid for or their money back. With my being so far away, I guess she just figures she can be done with it, without making it right.

I'm a very trusting and forgiving person and(some might say I'm too forgiving, that I let people run all over the top of me) I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt in all of this. But really, the fact that she's still avoiding me after all this time tells me that she most likely knew she was cheating us out of parts we paid for. Again, I was too trusting. I was too excited while she was dropping it off, that I didn't see that we could be headed down a bad road. Maybe I should have asked to keep some of the money till I got the rest of the parts? And now to find out a month after she dropped it off to us in the parking lot we're missing 2 actual pieces of the crib and not just the hardware she said she'd send.

I'm sure most people are sick of hearing about this already. All I want to do is get this resolved. I'm not sure if I should even bother emailing her one last time before talking to Craigslist about what I can do about the situation. Ugh it's all just so frustrating.

1 comment:

  1. My mum and I are bummed FOR you! She suggested this weekend (while she was here for a visit and I shared your blog with her) that you contact Craigslist or ebay or wherever you found her ad and ask what recourse you may have. Also, if there's a rating system that you rate her extremely negatively and let other people know that she's a fraud. This was before I read about not having the stabalizer bars. Now I definitely feel bad for you!!!!!! I hope you can figure something out!!!

    ReplyDelete