Friday, March 25, 2011

Our Third Week: In Pictures

I did a whole lot of nothing this week. Well I did a lot of keeping up around the house and loving on my baby, but I haven't accomplished anything else. How is it that I have less laundry sitting on my floor now than I did before he was born? Maybe it's the mother in me, but I have to have the laundry done and put neatly away. We'll see just how long that lasts. I can't believe Boston is already 3 weeks old. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago, then again it does. It's hard to remember my life without him! It's even hard for me to remember what it was like to be pregnant, so weird.

week_3

He's still a super good baby. He did get a pretty bad cold sometime last weekend and we had a few rough nights, mostly my waking to make sure he was breathing okay. I hate that he was so congested! He's feeling much better now and actually slept 6 straight hours last night! I felt horrible that I didn't wake up even once in that time to make sure he was okay, but he was. I hate that he has to sleep in a dirty diaper so long! I can't wait to get him into the cloth diapers. He doesn't have a diaper rash at all, but he has a beet red butt almost constantly. After his baths, I like to leave him naked in the towel for awhile to let that lil heiney air out and come back to a normal shade of pink.

week_3_March_19_2011-2
Boston and his cousin Kiley

He had his 2 week doctor appointment on Tuesday and he was 7 lbs 14 oz!! His upper legs and arms no longer look like someone let the air out of his tires, he's fattening up! I'm so glad he's doing so well with breast feeding. I was so worried that it wouldn't work out, just because I wanted it to so badly. We both took to it pretty quickly.

week_3_March_21_2011-3

If you haven't noticed yet, I think I have a major problem. I can't stop taking pictures of him! If you're my friend on Facebook, I'm sure you're getting sick of my daily picture assaults in the live feed! I not only take the pictures for myself, but for family that doesn't live close that wants to see him every day. I feel really bad that my mom can't see him whenever she wants. She's been lucky to live very close to her other grandkid, Kiley and gets to see her all the time. I think it breaks her heart not to be able to be near him, especially with him growing so fast right now. We will be making a trip to Libby either next weekend or the next. I can't wait to hit up the Amish store and a few second hand stores. I'll be in the zone! I also can't wait for my grandma to finally get to meet him.

week_3_March_23_2011-20

Okay, I think I've made this long enough. There are more pictures on my Flickr.

week_3_March_24_2011-9

week_3_March_24_2011-33

week_3_March_24_2011-1

week_3_March_24_2011-26

week_3_March_24_2011-51

No comments:

Post a Comment