Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Big Checklist: Even Though He's Here...

Even though Boston has been here for almost three weeks (has it really been that long already?!) I am still not done with everything in his room! We are really getting there though. Here's my ongoing big checklist. Not much left to cross off!

Photobucket

- Cut and hem curtains and add elephants
- Install curtain rod and hang curtains
- Put crib together
- Paint all picture frames, frame art and hang.
- Make crib skirt
- Make crib quilt (contingent on crib measurements once it's set up)
- Make pillows
- Put up shelves (this one might be awhile, I got the wrong brackets at Ikea)

Here is the list of things still to get:

- Crib Mattress pad
- Moby wrap
- Burp Rags
- Wet bags for diapers
- Newborn grooming supplies
- Non-baby looking diaper bag
- Night light

I've been working on cutting out the quilt blocks every week when we go to my in-laws for dinner. It seems that when I'm at home I don't want to work on it for some reason. Maybe I'll get a fire lit under me and get them all cut out so that I can just start sewing, that's the fun/easy part. Cutting them out sucks! I've worn a horrible line into my cutting mat. It means I have to run the rotary cutter over and over and over the fabric to cut it. I only have about 6 different prints (6 blocks per print) left to cut out, so I got that going for me.

Ryan's mom finished the crib skirt. I have to iron it and get it "installed" in the crib and then that's finished. I can't wait to see the crib all put together with the bedding! I guess the only hang up now is my getting that quilt done!

As for his shelves. I realllly want to get this done. I have 2 options. Either have Ryan's brother's family that's coming up from Astoria sometime in May make an Ikea run and get the right sized shelf, or have Ryan custom make something. Either way, it will be nice to get them up! There is a lot of stuff hiding in drawers ready to be put out!

2 comments:

  1. You might try a new blade for your rotary cutter. That's what I have to do when it gets to where I have to run it over and over the fabric to cut.

    Also, did my package make it to your house? I want to make sure it didn't get lost in the mail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we received it. Thanks Megs. The clothes are great, he's been wearing the ones he can fit into. I'll be sending your thank you card and birth announcement as soon as the announcements are in.

    ReplyDelete