Monday, February 13, 2012

Boston's 1st Birthday Party: The Master Plan

This post is going to be jumbled and all over the place. I'm still figuring out every little detail, so bare with me!

Here are a few ideas. There are quite a few things I want to make and do myself:

il_570xN.305109389
~His OUTFIT: I want him to wear a light blue button up shirt and slacks (not sure their color yet). We ordered him a custom made newsprint bow tie and suspenders to go with it. The bow tie is names of cities. I absolutely LOVE it!

cake-full2
~CAKE: I've only made a few event cakes in my time. I plan to make a small one tier owl themed fondant cake and about 30 cupcakes. And of course a little smash cake for him. Above is a picture of my very first fondant cake I made for my sisters baby shower.

~ WISH TREE: I want to make a little tree with cards hanging from it that guests can write a little birthday wish on. These will go in his keepsake box. I got some branches and stuff for it already. I don't think it will be too hard to put together.

~PHOTOBOOTH: I want him to be able to see those who attended, so I'm going to be setting up a little photobooth with little props for the guests to have a bit of fun with.

~PARTY HATS AND OTHER: I'm going to be doing quite a bit of paper mache' (at least that's the plan right now). I also want to make little photo booth props with paper mache.
136937644889213074_pe74XGCo_c

~YARN BALLS: I want to make a yarn ball decoration to hang from above the cake table.
79164905919361649_USEHtDJx_c

~PRINT PRODUCTS: I'm going to order a few of my favorite pictures of his first year to fill a few frames. I'm also going to design and print a few other things.

~RANDOM OTHER IDEAS AND THINGS:
-Bunting banner
-Fabric hoop owls
-Branches for decor
-White Christmas lights and mason jars
-Streamers
-Balloons
- Pinwheels?
-Lots of paper mache' things!

I'm still not sure about food (other than the cake and cupcakes). This is an area I can REALLY go overboard in. Namely in the desert category! I'm sure I'll get it figured out and posted soon.

More ideas and projects coming soon. I'm still trying to get it all sorted in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment