Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Second Hand Shopping

This weekend Ryan and I went to Libby, I had so much fun shopping with my mom and husband. We only went to a few second hand stores/consignment shops, and spent very little (well mom did, she wouldn't let my pay for anything!) I was a little sad that Parkside Thrift store wasn't open on Saturday. I haven't been in there in years, and they have a ton of stuff to look through in there. I got a ton more books, a LOT of baby clothes, and some toys. All in all a pretty successful shopping trip.

The thing I'm most excited about is the dresser I found. I didn't want to have to get a changing table. I wanted a dresser that was wide enough and long enough to have the changing pad on top of. I don't see a point in getting a changing table since it pretty much becomes useless after baby is done with diapers. I found the dresser on my Grandma's porch! It used to be mine years and years ago. It's a French Provincial style, which really, doesn't go with anything in my house, but being it's for the baby, and goes with the vintage theme, it should work out great. I do need to refinish it. Next time my brother comes down this way I'm going to have him bring the dresser and rocking chair for me to get to work on.

I spent quite a bit of time today washing and cleaning all of the new books and goodies. I'm going to wait to wash the clothes until right before he's born. What's the point right now, I'll just have to wash them again then anyhow.

PICS COMING SOON

No comments:

Post a Comment