Friday, January 28, 2011

Dresser Refinishing: Part 3 Primer

Sanding took a lot longer than I anticipated. Getting into all of those little cracks and crevices was not easy! I spent about six hours yesterday sanding everything to my liking. I tend to get OCD and turn perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this. Most people would have stopped and called it good well before I did. All in all I'm very proud of the result.

Ryan knocked out two coats of primer for me last night, so all I had to do today was sand the primer and paint. I just finished the second coat of paint a minute ago and when that's dry I'll see if we need a third.

Here it is today after two coats of primer and before the paint.

dresser_primer-2

We have decided to reuse the original hardware, they are now a glossy black! I also have a bit of a surprise with the dresser details, a fun little twist. I'm liking it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment