Saturday, April 2, 2011

Motivation? Yes Please!

Lately I've had no problem keeping up with day to day housework and laundry. I've actually never been more caught up on laundry in my life. Weird. I spent the third trimester of my pregnancy trying to organize things around here but there was one place that became a major dumping ground and storage area: the office. I thought that if I posted these embarrassing pictures of the state it's in, I'd have to clean up my act and show some after shots. Now how's that for motivation? I need to show I can redeem myself, haha.

It all started when I started storing all of Boston's stuff in there before getting his room. Even now, there's just a path to the computer and back out there door, it's ridiculous! We bought a new TV back in January that is still in the box and shoved just to the side of the walkway. Why explain it, let me just SHOW you the mess.

WARNING: It took great courage for me to show the state of this disaster area. I'm extremely ashamed and totally embarrassed by how it looks. This door is the first one to get closed anytime we have anyone over, look below and you'll see why.

office_mess-1
No, you're not looking at images from Hoarders, this is my office!

Where do I even start. Embarrassed yet? Yes I am! See, you can barely get in the door these days. Picture frames, clothes and books are stacked on and behind the ginormous TV that's still in the box and blocking the way. Do you SEE any space available to even set a pen on the desk area? Nope.

office_mess-2

Oh good, there's some of the painting supplies from some of my nursery projects! Even my keyboard is getting in on some of the stacking action!

office_mess-3

There is actually another computer hiding on this desk...somewhere. There really just are no words for this. I don't even want to come into this room!

office_mess-4

To the right we have a huge pile of things to go to Goodwill and empty boxes and packing supplies. I can't even get to the closet to see what all is going on in there. I'm sure what's behind door number 2 is just as bad. Ugh!

So, now that I have this hot mess posted, I'll have to work on it and get it organized so that I can show some afters. Good motivation? I think so!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! Did I start a trend in "post your messy office pictures" so your guilted into taking care of the issue?

    I'll tell you the end result is so worth it, but you have to make such a huge mess in the process, it's ridiculous!

    I'm ALMOST done with mine - just a couple more days of sorting, Goodwilling, trashing, and reloading the office and I'll be done!

    Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete